Both on the road and on the race track, the BMW M 1000 R was designed and built for a super sporty driving experience
October 12, 2022
Dtwo numbers to frame the BMW M 1000 R right away: 210 horses and 199 kg. An impressive power-to-weight ratio for a roadster that promises fun beyond the limits of most drivers.
The water-cooled 4-cylinder in-line engine is based on the engine of the S 1000 RR. The maximum output is 154 kW (210 hp) at 13,750 rpm and outperforms the S 1000 R by 33 kW (45 hp). The maximum torque reaches 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm. For more traction, the secondary ratio is shorter thanks to the use of a 47-tooth sprocket (S 1000 R: 45 teeth). In addition, the fourth, fifth and sixth gear ratios are shorter.
In terms of content, but also formally new. As for the M 1000 RR, The Bavarian company also worked a lot on the aerodynamics for the MR. That Winglet in the front area of the sides Thanks to the generated aerodynamic downforce, they ensure an increase in the front wheel load of 11 kg at 220 km/h.
The frame is aluminum, the fork is upside down with a diameter of 45 mm with closed cartridges and it’s all black. The handlebars of the MR are made of black aluminum with a wider design than previously on the S 1000 R and with the laser-engraved “BMW M 1000 R” lettering. Another new element of the MR is the adjustable steering damper.
The MR features M brakes with blue anodized calipers and the famous M logo. The system features a new radial master cylinder for the front brake and The brake discs are 320 mm. The rims are made of forged aluminum. The exclusive M carbon rims with newly designed rim strips are available as part of the M Competition Package.
BMW M 1000 R, uncompromising super sports roadster
noSuccess in electronics with the introduction of the braking sliding assistant This allows the driver to use drift control to brake when entering a corner. The instrument panel is also new 6.5 inch TFT display with new tachometer display (red area) and OBD interface for M GPS data logger and M GPS lap trigger can be used with an activation code.
As for the M 1000 RR, the M Competition Package is also available for the M 1000 R In addition to the Black Storm metallic / M Motorsport color scheme, the M Competition Package offers M carbon rims, M footrests for the driver, M carbon components such as rear wheel covers and chain guards, front wheel covers and tank covers. the airbox cover with tapes, the windscreen, the sprocket cover, the M package for the passenger and the milled and fully adjustable M footrest system.
BMW M 1000 R, uncompromising super sports roadster
Highlights of the new BMW M 1000 R
– ShiftCam M RR engine with variable valve timing, with an output of 154 kW (210 hp) at 13,750 rpm and thus 33 kW (45 hp) more than the S 1000 R. Maximum torque of 113 Nm at 11,000 rpm ( S 1000 R: 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm).
– Shorter secondary ratio (sprocket with 47 teeth instead of 45).
– Shorter ratios in fourth, fifth and sixth gear.
– Optimized intake system with variable intake ports to improve gas exchange at high speeds.
– Titanium rear silencer.
– M endurance chain.
– Driving modes “Rain”, “Road”, “Dynamic”, “Race” and “Race Pro1-3”, additional Dynamic Traction Control DTC of the latest generation and Wheelie Control DTC function with 6 sensor boxes axles.
– Three adjustable throttle characteristics are now available for optimum response. “Engine Brake” with triple engine drag torque adjustment in “Race Pro” mode.
– Brake Slide Assist supports the driver when drifting.
– Shift Assistant Pro for fast climbing and climbing without using the clutch. Easy reversibility of the shift pattern for track use.
– Launch Control for perfect starts and Pit Lane Limiter to strictly respect the speed indicated in the pit lane.
– Hill Start Control Pro for comfortable uphill starts.
– M winglets and deflectors: Later braking and earlier acceleration as well as more stability at high speed through aerodynamic downforce.
– Engine spoiler.
– Upside-down fork in “All Black” design with adjustable spring preload in combination with the standard DDC.
– M-brake for the first time on a BMW Motorrad Dynamic Roadster: The MR offers maximum braking performance for country roads and racetracks.
– Forged aluminum rims.
– M carbon rims with M bands and M lettering on the rim: high-quality high-tech components offer maximum performance within the M Competition package.
– Front brake and clutch lever M.
– Adjustable steering damper.
– Milled handlebar clamp.
– Compared to the S 1000 R, wider tubular handlebars with lasered “BMW M 1000 R” lettering.
– Rear-view mirror on the handlebar.
– Headlights with illuminated M logo.
– Minimal license plate holder.
– Instrument cluster with large 6.5-inch TFT display, easy to read, start animation with M logo and OBD interface for M GPS data logger and M GPS lap trigger can be used with an activation code.
– Tachometer (red area) shown in a new design.
– Lightweight M battery, rear USB charging port, powerful LED headlights, electronic cruise control and heated grips.
– Keyless Ride in Light version (ignition only).
– M design and dynamic design language indicate next-generation roadster performance.
– M Competition Package.
– DRC as standard.
– Wide range of optional accessories.
#BMW #uncompromising #supersport #roadster #News